CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 3, 2011

Zoo Phonics


My daughter is starting kindergarten this fall. She went to a few "Getting to know you" nights at the school. They did activities with them to get them used to the environment. This was one of those activities. They came home with a small poster of the zoo phonics, and a work sheet that told how to do each action/sound.

I have heard of preschools and kindergartens all over the country using this phonics method because it is fun and successful.

My daughter came home able to tell me almost every animal and sound. I thought it was SO cute! She has been teaching it to her little sister who will go to kindergarten the next year. They love it.

I can't figure out how to link to a PDF of the work sheets, but this video shows a classroom doing zoo phonics.

No comments:

Post a Comment