CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 27, 2010

First Day of Pre-School!

Today we started. I was going to wait until Monday, but the girls have seen, and helped with our "school" and they just couldn't wait any longer. They begged me to start, and we didn't have anything going on, so we went ahead.
I am starting out every class with "Circle Time." We sit in a circle, have an opening prayer, (because lets face it...I need all the help I can get) and then do our circle board. I think we will have a scripture in there too, but I haven't organized that part yet. So our circle board is the date, and any holidays, and the weather. We also have a "taking turns" rotation on there as well.

A is for Apple worksheet
The unit we are working on is Apples. And we are also working on the letter A. We talked about the letter A, and what it looks like, and the sound it makes, and some words that start with A.

We counted and sorted real apples into red and green piles. Then we added them together. We also counted the red dots which I called "apples" on the flash cards below. So we worked on counting. They did VERY well. Then we read a book about Johnny Appleseed, and talked about him for awhile.


Snack time:which we won't always have, but I just happened to have a nutritious snack with me! So we cut open the apples, and then talked about the seeds. Then ate them. Afterward we watched a movie about Johnny Appleseed. I thought it went really well! They were excited and interested in everything. They seemed to understand what an A was, and what sound it makes, and since we are working on A for the whole unit, I think they will get it! With the movie, the whole thing took 2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment